EZ-PD™ CCG3 is Cypress’s newest USB Type-C port controller with Power Delivery. CCG3 provides a complete solution ideal for Power Adapters, Power Banks, Type-C Dongles, Thunderbolt Accessories, Monitors, Docks and Notebooks. EZ-PD CCG3 reduces BOM by integrating a Billboard Controller, Crypto engine, OVP and OCP, dual 64KB flash memory, and 2:2 cross-bar switch.
CCG3 is capable of supporting Upstream Facing Port (UFP), Downstream Facing Port (DFP), and Dual Role Port (DRP) and will fully support the latest Power Delivery 3.0 specification. CCG3 is a programmable solution, and its dual 64KB flash memory can be used for fail-safe firmware upgrades at any time. CCG3 has direct 20-V operation including VBUS gate drivers, high-voltage regulator and OVP/OCP.
Cypress has USB Type-C and Power Delivery reference designs readily available for various applications. These are available online and can be used to speed up the design cycle.
Please click here for EZ-PD Software Development Kit.
EZ-PD™ CCG3 Product Features
- 32-bit MCU Subsystem
- 48-MHz ARM® Cortex® -M0 Processor
- Dual 64KB Flash with fail-safe firmware updates
- USB-C Support with Power Delivery
- Integrated transceiver, supporting one Type-C port
- Integrated UFP (RD), DFP (RP) and EMCA (RA) termination resistors
- Compliant with USB PD supporting all standard power profiles
- Integrated Digital Blocks
- Four timers, counters and PWMs and up to 24 GPIOs
- Four SCBs for configurable master/slave I2C, SPI or UART
- Integrated USB Billboard Controller with Billboard Device Class support
- Integrated Crypto Engine with USB Authentication support
- Integrated Analog Blocks
- Direct 20-V operation
- Two VBUS gate drivers
- 2:2 cross-bar switch