New Update: Learn about the new HDMI® over USB-C™ Alternate Mode using Cypress EZ-PD™ solutions
EZ-PD™ CCG2 is Cypress’s second generation USB Type-C controller that complies with the latest USB Type-C and PD standards. EZ-PD™ CCG2 provides a complete solution for passive Electronically Marked Cable Assembly (EMCA) cables, active EMCA cables, USB Type-C Notebooks, Power Adapters, Monitors, Docks and Cable Adapters (dongles). EZ-PD™ CCG2 reduces BOM by integrating a Type-C Transceiver, termination resistors and system level ESD.
EZ-PD™ CCG2 is capable of supporting Upstream Facing Port (UFP), Downstream Facing Port (DFP), and Dual Role Port (DRP). EZ-PD CCG1 andCCG2 USB Power Delivery (PD) controllers have got the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) certification for USB Type-C™. CCG2 has an Arm® Cortex®-M0 with 32KB flash to enable firmware upgrades anytime, anywhere—during product development, on the production line or in the field.
Cypress has reference designs readily available for EMCA and dongle applications. These are available online and could be used to speed-up our customers design cycle.
Please click here for EZ-PD Software Development Kit.
EZ-PD™ CCG2 Product Features
- 32-bit MCU Subsystem
- 48-MHz Arm® Cortex® -M0 Processor
- 32KB Flash and 4KB SRAM
- USB 3.1 Type-C Support
- Integrated transceiver, supporting one Type-C port
- Integrated UFP (RD), DFP (RP) and EMCA (RA) termination resistors
- PD 2.0 Support
- Integrated Digital Blocks
- Integrated timers, counters and pulse-width modulators
- Two Serial Communication Blocks (SCB) configurable to I2C, SPI or UART modes
- Up to 14 GPIOs (QFN), 9 GPIOs (WLCSP) and 7 GPIOs (DFN)
- Low-Power Operation
- Two independent VCONN rails with integrated isolation
- Independent supply voltage pin for GPIO
- 2.7-V to 5.5-V operation
- Sleep: 2.0 mA; Deep Sleep: 2.5 μA; Reset: 1.0μA
- System-Level ESD on CC and VCONN Pins
- ±8-kV contact, ±15-kV Air Discharge IEC61000-4-2 level 4C
- 20-ball WLCSP (3.3mm2)
- 14-pin DFN (8.7mm2)
- 24-pin QFN (16mm2)