Please visit the Cypress USB to UART Gen 2 (CY7C65213) product page to learn more about our latest part with USB-UART bridge functionality.
The USB to UART Bridge Controller (CY7C64225) is a fully integrated USB to UART controller that provides USB connectivity to devices with a UART interface.The device includes a USB 2.0 Full-Speed Controller, Voltage Regulator and internal EEPROM in a 28-pin SSOP package.These features make the product ideal for upgrading legacy peripherals to USB interface.
USB to UART Bridge Controller is a USB-IF certified, fixed function device that requires no programming from the user.Royalty free Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers available with it ensure that it appears as a COM port to PC applications.
- Single Chip Fully Integrated Solution: Integrated Clock, EEPROM, USB Termination Resistors and Voltage Regulator
- UART Controller: Data rates up to 256 Kbps Tx/Rx data buffers LED driver indicating data activity
- Active Power Management: Bus and Self-powered mode Typical supply current: 14mA
- Driver Support: WHQL certified Virtual COM Port Drivers
- USB Compliant: USB-IF Certified with Test-ID (TID) :40001425
- USB to UART Cable
- POS Printer Terminal
- Networking System
- Industrial and Power Meter
- USB Bar Code Reader
- USB Digital Camera Interface
- USB Wireless/Wired Modem